Thursday, March 21, 2013

Dad, what rules does your parents have, and which one drove you crazy

One rule that I remembered was imposed by our parents was to study hard and we had our study times given as 7 pm to 9pm. The afternoon was also used to do our homework. We had to sit together in the hall with dad's watchful eyes and we were alright  so long as we have a book in front of us. He does not interfere with our work, merely encourage us to work hard. Dad was also an early sleeper and sometimes go to sleep by 8pm. This is the time we will quietly go downstairs to our grandma's room and watch television which was black and white then.

Another rule that I remembered was to be polite and to respect all our elders. We had to call everyone senior to us before we start our meals. We being obedient children duly complied until one day I had to call about 20 to 30 of them as they came for my Grandpa birthday celebration and I had just returned from school. I was pretty hungry and guess I lost my cool after a few calls and decided to stop calling and started crying. I was propably 5 or 6 years old then. Guess this must be the one rule that drove me crazy

No comments: