Sunday, May 16, 2010

In the beginning

I was first involved in the Catholic Basic Ecclessial communities back in the earlie eighties. I remember how the Redemptorist priests came over for their missionary work in the Church of the Immaculate Conception Johor Baru. I was quite attracted to them as the priest who came was a friendly person who was able to communicate well with us. I remember his name as Father Peter and he came over to our old home where he conducted the sacrament of reconciliation in one of the rooms. I find it strange now that he did not offer to say a Home Eucharistic celebration at that time. I wonder why.
I remember the time when a few were us were gathered to share on the book "Five Loaves and two bread" Without much guidance we navigated our own way but this did not last long as people were unfamiliar and gave up after one or a few sessions.

No comments: